This is a tank molded out of glass fibers. There are several advantages to using this type of tank.
A traditional concrete tank may sometimes crack or a steel tank can rust while a homemade tank may collapse. Fiberglass tanks do not have these types of problems.
- Easier to install because the y are lighter in weight and can be transported with out heavy equipment.
- They last longer by holding up to gases created by sewage and don’t deteriorate like traditional tanks.
- Tree roots cannot penetrate fiberglass tanks like concrete tanks.
- If ever damaged they can be repaired more easily.
- Easier to plumb with precisely cut holes and connects for PVC pipes.
- More Costly
- May “float” out of the ground because they are lighter weight than concrete.