- Easier to install because they are lighter in weight and can be transported with out heavy equipment.
- They last longer by holding up to gases created by sewage and don’t deteriorate, crack, or rust like traditional tanks.
- Tree roots cannot penetrate fiberglass tanks like concrete tanks.
- If ever damaged they can be repaired more easily.
- Easier to plumb with precisely cut holes and connects for PVC pipes
- Plastic septic tanks can be water-tight and corrosion proof.
- More costly.
- May “float” out of the ground because they are lighter weight than concrete.
- Have lower effluent levels
- Can be damaged at installation.